Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do Doma company policies apply while I'm at SKO?
Yes, during SKO all Doma company policies always apply to every colleague, including during the sessions, meals, evening events, and all times in between (including the middle of the night).
2. Will I have any free time?
Each day will be packed with programs and training. All events are mandatory, and attendance is recorded, because everyone's participation will greatly benefit the entire group. To download the agenda, click here.
3. When do I need to arrive at SKO?
Please plan to arrive in time for the Welcome Reception that begins at 6:00pm on Tuesday, February 15, 2022, or for the Managers' Meeting (if applicable) that begins at 1:00pm.
4. How do I know which sessions I will be attending?
Most sessions and activities will be pre-planned for you and provided via a personalized agenda. Please be advised: Attendance is required at all sessions.
5. Can I bring a guest?
SKO meetings and events are strictly for colleagues only, including group meals and events. Exceptions are not permitted, and guests are not allowed to attend the conference, conference-related activities or stay at the conference hotel during the dates of February 15-17, 2022.
6. What attire is appropriate?
The dress code for the General and Training Sessions is business casual. Please click here for a detailed Dress Code Summary and see below for a brief overview:
- Welcome Reception - Dressy Casual
- General Session & Trainings - Business Casual
- Group Evening Event & Dinner - Business Casual
- Awards Cocktail Reception & Dinner - Dressy Business or Business Formal
7. Does the hotel have internet access?
Complimentary internet access is available in each guest room. Guest room internet will extend to most common areas of the hotel. Doma does not provide wireless internet access in the meeting space for attendees as attendees are expected to be 100% focused on the content of the meeting.
8. Do I need a credit/debit card for my incidental charges at the hotel?
Yes. As a standard hotel check-in procedure, the hotel will collect a credit/debit card from all guests to be authorized for $50.00 per night for your stay to guarantee incidental charges. Upon check-out, you are responsible for settling your own account. If you do not have a credit/debit card, please contact the SKO Registration Team to discuss before traveling to SKO.
9. How do I book my travel to Dana Point?
Do not book your owns flights - Your airfare is booked for you and will be coordinated by the Doma Event Team based on your registration. You will be flying to John Wayne Airport (SNA), Orange County or Long Beach Airport (LGB) in Los Angeles County. During registration you will be asked for your travel information, including legal name, gender, and date of birth. This information is required by TSA for booking airfare and must match your Legal Identification. You will be sent your itinerary for immediate approval under a separate cover. All travel itineraries must be approved within 24 hours of receipt, as space and fares are not guaranteed until ticketed. If there are any changes made to your itinerary after ticketing other than what is considered business-related, you will be responsible for the change fees and any additional fare difference.
10. How do I get to the airport to the hotel?
Doma will provide airport shuttles from John Wayne Airport (SNA), Orange County or Long Beach Airport (LGB), Los Angeles County to Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa on February 15 as well as for attendees who have been pre-approved to arrive earlier than February 15. All attendees are required to take the airport shuttles. If you opt to take a taxi or private transfer from the airport to the hotel, this is at your own expense.
11. How do I get back to the airport post event?
Doma will provide airport shuttles to John Wayne Airport (SNA), Orange County or Long Beach Airport (LGB), Los Angeles County from Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort and Spa on February 18 as well as for attendees who have been pre-approved to leave earlier than February 18. All attendees are required to take the airport shuttles. If you opt to take a taxi or private transfer to the airport from the hotel, this is at your own expense. You will receive a Departure Notice in your registration packet at SKO detailing your scheduled bag pull and airport shuttle departure time.
12. What can I expense at SKO 2022?
Please refer to Doma’s current Travel and Expense Policy for details on the requirements for submitting expenses incurred in relation to SKO 2022.
PTO AND EXTENDED STAYS
13. What if I want to extend my stay and take PTO?
Work with your manager to get the time off approved and be sure to indicate in the notes section of the registration page that you would like to extend your stay. As long as there is no difference in the flight cost, you will only have to pay the additional hotel nights on your own. However, if your travel plans do cause an increase in fare, you will be charged the difference.
14. What if I want to extend my hotel stay in Dana Point?
If you would like to extend your stay at the hotel before or after the group stay, the negotiated rate of $309.00 per room, per night plus applicable fees & tax will be available to you. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis, are not guaranteed and are at your own expense.
Please note: If you wish to modify your extended stay, please notify the Doma SKO Event Team at least 72 hours prior to your arrival date. Any changes or cancellations to your hotel extension after this date will result in one full night's charge to the credit card provided during registration.
COVID-19 INFO & PROTOCOLS
15. What steps to I need to take in advance to help ensure we have a safe & successful SKO?
All SKO attendees must comply with the following pre-event event requirements to attend in person and all requested items are to be submitted through our HIPAA compliant portal prior to arriving at SKO. All SKO attendees must submit documentation of EITHER:
- Proof of Full Vaccination
- While vaccination is not mandatory to attend, Doma highly encourages and recommends that all attendees are fully vaccinated by February 11, 2022. (You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving your second dose of a messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine, such as Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna, or two weeks after a single dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine.)
- Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test (PCR Preferred)
- In accordance with CDC recommendations, all unvaccinated SKO attendees are required to get a diagnostic, viral COVID-19 test (i.e., a test for current infection, either molecular or antigen) no more than 3 days (72 hours) before the start of SKO on Tuesday, February 15, 2022. While the results of any diagnostic test will be accepted, Doma strongly recommends a PCR or Rapid Molecular Test, such as the Abbott ID Now. If an attendee chooses not to take a test or if the test is positive, the Doma event team will deny event-entry to the attendee. Attendees are responsible for arranging and paying for this test (if applicable).
16. What COVID-19 Protocols is Doma following while attendees are onsite?
Doma’s top priority is the health and safety of our SKO 2022 attendees and staff. To ensure onsite safety for all, we will be following all Doma COVID-19 & Return to Work Policies, current California state and Orange County pandemic regulations as well as all Marriott Hotel Guidelines. Below is what you can expect to experience while onsite at SKO regardless of your vaccination status:
- Mask Mandate - The California Department of Public Health has instituted a mask mandate, currently effective through February 15, 2022 and all attendees will be required to wear face masks that cover both your nose and mouth. While at least 6-feet away from others, attendees may briefly remove masks while actively eating and drinking. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits will be distributed to all attendees upon arrival. These kits will include face masks, hand sanitizer, and more. Additional face masks will be made available upon request.
- Airport Transfers - Doma will provide all attendees with safe, comfortable roundtrip transfer options between the airport and the hotel, including a maximum occupancy of 50% of vehicle capacity on all vehicles. Transfer vehicles are an extension of the onsite SKO experience, and all protocols and requirements will apply – including wearing a mask and keeping your distance on-board.
- Available Onsite Rapid COVID-19 Testing at the Doma SKO Healthcare Clinic - Rapid Molecular COVID-19 Testing will be available at the Doma SKO Healthcare Clinic at no cost, in the event an attendee becomes symptomatic onsite, an attendee chooses to take a test prior to returning home, or if an attendee is identified by the Event Team as requiring a test during the event. In the event an attendee becomes symptomatic, that individual may be required to take a rapid COVID-19 test, and to remain quarantined in their hotel room until they receive their results (estimated wait time is about 15 minutes). If the test is positive for COVID-19, the attendee will no longer be able to attend the event and will receive recommended onsite quarantine protocol. If the test is negative, the attendee will be clear to return to the event.
Extensive and Enhanced Cleaning Protocols will remain in effect throughout all hotel operations. Doma will continue to monitor the evolving situation to ensure all safety measures are adhered to. Please reach out to the Doma Team is you have any concerns, questions, or needed accommodations in anticipation of the event.