Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where will the Registration Desk be located at the Gaylord Rockies and what time is it open?
The Registration Desk will be located in the Homestead Lobby in the Covention Center on Level 3. It will be open from 12:00pm to 6:30pm on Sunday for check in and will open again on Monday morning at 6:00am. You will need to check in and retrieve your registration packet before attending the Welcome Reception at 6:00pm at the hotel. Name badges are required for all events and will be inside your registration packet.
2. How do I register if I am arriving after 6:30pm on Sunday evening?
You will be able to retrieve your name badge outside of the Welcome Reception from 6:30pm to 7:30pm to wear to the event. The following morning starting at 6:00am you can pick up the remainder for your registration packet.
3. Can I bring a guest?
Alteryx meetings and events are for colleagues only, including group meals. Guests are not allowed to attend this conference or any conference-related activities.
4. Will I need to attend all the planned functions?
Your day will be packed with programs and training. Each event is mandatory because we know that everyone's participation will greatly benefit the entire company. In addition to the General Sessions and Breakout Sessions, you will also be required to attend the events held each night.
5. How do I get from the airport to the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center?
The hotel is 16 minutes (10 miles) from Denver International Airport. Taxis, Uber, and Lyft are all available options of convenient transportation to the hotel. Please reference pick-up locations by clicking on the following links: Taxis, Uber, Lyft . Please feel free to share rides with any Alteryx attendees that might be on a similar travel itinerary. Additionally, Denver has a light rail system consisting of nine rail lines servicing 53 stations including the airport. The hotel will run a complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel and the 61st & Pena Blvd Train Station. The hotel shuttle will run approximately every 20 minutes. For more information on scheduling, and a light rail map, click here.
6. Can I expense my meals?
All meals will be provided during program dates starting with the Welcome Reception on Sunday, January 20 through dinner on Tuesday, January 22. Meals purchased while traveling to and departing from the program are allowable expenses per our expense guidelines.
7. Can I expense mileage to and from the Global Kickoff events?
For Broomfield associates, mileage for business use of personal cars will be reimbursed per corporate policies.
8. Can I expense my travel to and from my home and my originating airport (including airport parking)?
Yes, but please use your best judgment and follow corporate policies for evaluating the most cost-effective travel options to the airport.
9. I'm new to Alteryx and don't have access to booking air travel in the Concur system, what should I do?
If you are a new hire based in North America and do not have access to Concur, please contact Concur@alteryx.com.
10. Will the U.S. government shutdown effect air travel for GKO?
As the U.S. Government shutdown enters week three with no estimated end date, the Transportation Security Administration has been understaffed. Many airports are therefore experiencing increased security wait times. Travelers are encouraged to pack their patience and arrive early for their flights.
11. I am an international employee who will be traveling to the US, what should I do about my flights?
Please indicate you are an international employee traveling to the US in the appropriate boxes during registration and the Alteryx Global Kickoff Registration Team will contact you to book your flights. If you have additional questions about booking travel, please do not hesitate to contact the Registration Team.
12. I am an international employee who will be traveling to the US for GKO. I would like to extend my travel outside of program dates, what should I do?
If you would like to extend your travel outside of program dates, please specify your desired travel needs in the "Special Travel Needs" section of registration. The Alteryx Global Kickoff Registration Team will contact you to help book your flights. Please keep in mind, any deviations to your flights to and from Denver outside of program dates will be at your own expense.
13. I am an international employee who will be traveling to the US, are there special requirements needed for my passport?
It is important to note that when you are traveling to the US your passport must be valid at least 6 months after your expected travel dates.
14. I am an international employee who will be traveling to the US, will I need any special documentation to do so?
When traveling to the United States, some foreign citizens may require a visa while others may be eligible to travel without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. To find out if you need a visa to travel to the US and if so, what kind, please click here. To find out if you are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program please click here.
15. I am an international employee who will be traveling to the US and I am eligible for the Visa Waiver Program. What do I need to do next?
If you are eligible to travel under the Visa Waiver Program (requirements can be checked here), you will need to obtain your Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). To obtain your ESTA (or check the status of your current ESTA) please click here.
16. I am an international employee who will be traveling to the US and I am NOT eligible for the Visa Waiver Program. What do I need to do next to obtain a visa?
If you need a visa, there are a couple of ways you can obtain one. CIBT is a company that offers services in speedy visa obtainment. You will work with a Concierge Specialist who will walk you through the entire process from start to finish, helping you with each step. To start the visa process with CIBT, please click here. If you prefer not to use CIBT, you are welcome to apply on the United States travel website here.
17. Will I have a hotel room for the conference?
To meet our room block commitment, associates who do not live in the Denver-Metro area are required to stay at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center (the official GKO hotel). Although your room rate and taxes are hosted by Alteryx, all attendees are responsible for their own hotel incidental charges (bar charges, room service, mini bar, laundry, etc.). As a standard hotel check-in procedure, the Gaylord Rockies will collect a credit/debit card from all guests. This card will be authorized for a $50.00 per night hold to guarantee your incidental charges. Upon check-out, you are responsible for settling your own account and paying for any incidental charges, these are not expensible. If you do not have a credit/debit card, please contact the Alteryx Global Kickoff Registration Team before traveling to Denver to discuss options.
Please note: Broomfield office attendees are required to travel to and from the hotel daily. Should you wish to stay at the Gaylord Rockies instead of commuting daily, local attendees may request a hotel room during registration at the discounted room rate of $229.00++ per night. This will be at your own cost and is not an approved expense. Daily parking at the hotel is available for $29.00 plus 8% tax and is expensible for GKO program dates only. GKO program dates are January 20 - 23 (three nights).
18. What if I want to extend my hotel stay?
If you would like to extend your stay at the Gaylord Rockies before or after the program dates, the negotiated rate of $229.00++ per night would be at your expense. The discounted rate is available three nights pre & post program. Rooms are subject to availability, and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. GKO program dates are January 20 - 23 (three nights).
19. What if I want to extend my stay elsewhere in Colorado?
For those looking to extend their stay in Denver, there are many hotels in the area. The closest ski resorts to the Gaylord Rockies are Copper Mountain Resort (75 miles) and Winter Park Resort (85 miles). For more information on hotels, click here. For more information about local attractions, click here.
20. What is the best way to get around in Denver?
While Uber and Lyft are readily available throughout the city, Denver has a light rail system consisting of nine rail lines servicing 53 stations including the airport. For more information on scheduling, and a rail map, click here.
21. What attire is appropriate for the conference and evening events?
General attire for the program is business casual.
- Welcome Reception - Casual
- Conference Days - Business Casual
- Awards Dinner - Dressy Casual
- Alteryx Party - Casual
Please click here for details.
22. If I am leading a breakout session(s), will I need to attend other breakout sessions?
Speaker responsibilities will be taken into consideration upon designing your personalized agenda. Relevant breakout sessions will be assigned as time permits.
23. I would like to attend a breakout session that is not listed in the registration process, what should I do?
If you have questions or concerns about the available breakout sessions, please contact the Alteryx Global Kickoff Registration Team.
Additional FAQ Questions for Local Attendees
1. How do I get to the hotel?
Broomfield office attendees are required to travel to and from the hotel daily. Self-parking at the hotel is available for $29 per day before taxes and fees. Parking is expensible during GKO program dates only. Valet parking will be at your own expense.
2. Can I request a room at the hotel during the conference?
Employees wishing to stay at the Gaylord Rockies instead of commuting daily, must send an email to the Alteryx Global Kickoff Registration Team with their manager's approval. The room rate is $229.00++ per night. Employees are responsible for the cost of room, taxes, and any incidentals. Room and tax charges only are expensible during program dates.
3. Can I reserve a room at a neighboring hotel during the conference?
If you are interested in reserving a room at another hotel during the conference, please reach out directly to your manager to discuss options. Employees are responsible for the cost of room, taxes, and any incidentals. Room and tax charges only are expensible during program dates
4. Is there a place for me to store bags at the hotel?
The Bell Desk, located in the hotel lobby, is able to store any bags that you may not want to take with you to any events.
5. Am I required to attend the Welcome Reception on Sunday, January 20th?
Sunday's Welcome Reception allows all of AlterNation a unique opportunity to network and share insights with colleagues from around the globe. This event is mandatory to attend, but you are not required to stay for the entire three hour event.
Alteryx Global Kickoff 2019 Registration Team
Phone: +1 415-501-9130