Sales Kickoff 2023 FAQs
1. Do Wind River company policies apply while I'm at SKO?
All employees are representatives of Wind River at the SKO event and are expected to behave in accordance with the company's Code of Conduct policies. As a reference, please review Wind River’s Code of Conduct and Global Free Harassment Free Workplace.
2. Will I have any free time?
Each day will be filled with programs and training. All events are mandatory, and attendance is recorded, because everyone's participation will benefit the entire group.
3. When do I need to arrive at Sales Kickoff?
Please plan to arrive by 16:30/4:30pm PST in the afternoon on Sunday, February 5. There will be a Welcome Reception at the hotel beginning at 18:00/6:00pm PST.
4. How do I know which sessions I will be attending?
You will be given a schedule of your training sessions prior to the conference. All activities will be pre-planned for you and provided via a personalized agenda, which you will receive when you check-in at the Wind River Hospitality Desk onsite. Please be advised: attendance is required at all Wind River SKO meetings, meals, and events.
5. Can I bring a guest?
Sales Kickoff is strictly for Wind River Employees only, including group meals and events. Exceptions are not permitted, and guests are not allowed to attend the conference, conference-related activities, or stay at the conference hotel during the dates of February 5 – 8.
6. What attire is appropriate?
The dress code for the entire event is business casual. Please click here to reference examples of appropriate business casual attire.
7. Does the hotel have internet access?
Complimentary internet access is available in all guest rooms as well as most public spaces throughout property.
8. Do I need a credit/debit card for my incidental charges at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas?
Yes. As a standard hotel check-in procedure, Virgin will collect a credit/debit card from all guests to be authorized for $100 per night for your stay to guarantee incidental charges. Upon check-out, you are responsible for settling your own account. If you do not have a credit/debit card, please contact the Wind River Event Team to discuss before traveling to Las Vegas.
1. How do I book my travel to Las Vegas?
You will be flying to Harry Reid International Airport. Please book your round-trip flights through your CWT, following regular Wind River travel and expense protocols. When you have a confirmed flight, please return to the Sales Kickoff registration page to input your confirmed flights by December 17.
Main arrival day is Sunday, February 5
- Main group – arrive at the hotel by 16:30/4:30pm PST for the Welcome Reception
Main departure day is Wednesday, February 8
- The event concludes with half day General Session/Breakouts and a grab-and-go lunch Wednesday, February 8
2. How do I tag my trip in CWT?
When prompted within CWT please select “Trip name” and “Trip description” (both) to be “SKO 2023” within the Travel Booking Information window. See screenshot below:
For additional information on business related travel, please click here.
3. How do I get to/from the airport/hotel?
Upon arrival at Harry Reid International Airport, please utilize a ride share service to Virgin Hotels Las Vegas at 4455 Paradise Road. A code will be provided to cover your Ride Share. Designated Lyft/Uber passenger pickup locations are Terminal 1 & Terminal 3.
Terminal 1 Ride Share pickup is located on Level 2 of the parking garage.
- From Baggage Claim, take the elevator near Door 2 up to Level 2. Cross the pedestrian bridge to the parking garage. The pickup area is to the right.
Terminal 3 Ride Share pickup is located on the Valet Level of the parking garage.
- From Baggage Claim, take the elevator near Door 52, 54 or 56 up to Level 1. Cross the pedestrian bridge to the parking garage then takes the elevator or stairs down to Valet Level.
Wind River will provide a code for Ride Share to Harry Reid International Airport from the Virgin Hotels Las Vegas on February 8. All attendees are required to use Ride Share. If you opt to take a taxi or private transfer this will be at your own expense.
4. What if I have to change my flight?
Please contact CWT if you must change your flight. They will work with Wind River to get authorization. Changes made for personal reasons will be at your own cost. Changes made due to a business-related schedule will be paid for by Wind River.
5. How do I submit my business travel-related expenses?
Please refer to Travel Policy and Submission of Expense Reports in the Travel SharePoint Page.
1. Could I attend the Sales Kickoff 2023 if I am unvaccinated?
Wind River no longer requires you to be vaccinated to attend Wind River events, however the city of Las Vegas encourages its residents and visitors to get vaccinated.
2. Are employees required to wear masks during the Sales Kickoff?
Wind River strongly recommends and encourages its employees to wear masks at all Wind River events. However, it is not required.
3. What if I tested positive for COVID19 before the Sales Kickoff?
- If you tested positive on or after January 30, please do not attend SKO.
- If you tested positive on or before January 29 and you had no symptoms, you may travel to SKO on February 5.
- If you tested positive on or before January 29, had symptoms but you are fever-free (without the use of fever-reducing medication) for a minimum of 24 hours before day of travel, you may attend SKO.
- If you tested positive on or before January 29, had symptoms and your symptoms have not improved by February 4, please do not attend SKO.
- If you 1) had symptoms, 2) had moderate illness such as shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing, 3) had isolated for 10 days and 4) you are fever-free (without the use of fever-reducing medication) for a minimum of 24 hours before your day of travel, you may attend SKO.
- If you had symptoms and had severe illness such as being hospitalized or have weakened immune system, please consult your healthcare provider if it safe for you to travel and attend SKO.
4. What should I do if I tested position for COVID19 after the Sales Kickoff?
If you test positive for COVID19, contact your health professional immediately. Additionally, you must notify your manager, People Partner, and follow the CDC guidelines or guidance from your local government:
- Stay home and isolate for 5 days
- If you have no symptoms, you can end the isolation after 5 days
- If you experience symptoms, you can end isolation only when:
- You are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication)
- Your symptoms are improving
- You have a negative antigen test. It is not required for you to submit your negative antigen test to your Wind River manager or the People Team.
5. What should I do if I am contacted by the People Team for a possible COVID19 exposure during SKO?
Please review the CDC guidelines or guidance from your local government for testing and quarantine.
1. What travel costs can I expense?
Airfare and hotel room rate will be paid by Wind River. Changes made for personal reasons will be at your own cost. Changes made due to a business-related schedule will be paid for by Wind River. You may expense one regular baggage fee per flight. Fees for overweight bags or additional luggage will not be reimbursable. Airport transfers in Las Vegas will be provided; if you opt to take a taxi or private transfer, this will be at your own expense.
2. What meals and conference incidentals can I expense?
All meals (with drinks) are provided for you during the conference dates. Any other meals (or drinks) will be covered at your own expense. Guest room internet access is complimentary. Meals on the main arrival day prior to hotel arrival and after hotel departure on main departure day are allowable expenses if handled in accordance with all applicable corporate policies.
3. Can I expense my travel to and from my home and originating airport (including airport parking)?
Yes, but please use your best judgment and follow corporate policies for evaluating the most cost-effective travel options to the airport.
1. What if I want to extend my stay in Las Vegas and take PTO?
Work with your manager to get the time off approved and be sure to indicate in the notes section of the registration page that you would like to extend your stay. If there is no difference in the flight cost, you will only have to pay for the additional hotel nights on your own, at Virgin Hotel's group rate of $169 plus tax per night. However, if your travel plans do cause an increase in fare, you will be charged the difference. If applicable, please enter your approved vacation days in the time off/payroll app of your region.