Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I bring a guest?
Alteryx meetings and events are for employees only, including group meals. Guests are not allowed to attend this conference or any conference-related activities.
2. Will I need to attend all the planned functions?
Your day will be packed with programs and training, Each event is mandatory because we know that everyone's participation will greatly benefit the entire group. In addition to the General Session and Breakout Sessions, you will also be required to attend the evening events held each night.
3. How do I get from the airport to The Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa?
The hotel is 12 minutes (5.2 Miles) from John Wayne Orange County Airport (SNA), 34 minutes (24.8 Miles) from Long Beach Airport (LGB), and 1 hour and 20 minutes (45.9 Miles) from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Taxis, Uber, and Lyft are all available options of convenient transportation to the hotel. Please feel free to share rides with any Alteryx attendees that might be on a similar travel itinerary.
4. Can I expense my meals?
All meals will be provided during program dates. Meals purchased while traveling to and departing from the program are allowable expenses.
5. Can I expense my travel to and from my home and my originating airport (including airport parking)?
Yes, but please use your best judgment and follow corporate policies for evaluating the most cost-effective travel options to the airport.
6. What if I want to extend my stay in Newport Beach?
If you would like to extend your stay at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa before or after the program dates, the negotiated rate of $189.00 plus tax, per room, per night would be at your expense. The discounted rate is available three nights pre & post program. Rooms are subject to availability, and are on a first-come, first serve basis.
7. What attire is appropriate?
General attire for the program is business casual.
- Welcome Reception & Team Building - Outdoors and Casual
- Awards Dinner - Outdoors and Business Casual
- Offsite Dinner Event - Casual
- Team Dinners - Business Casual
If you have one, bring an Alteryx t-shirt to wear at the team building event on Monday. Please note, it may get messy - so think twice before wearing your vintage Alteryx "Dark Side" t-shirt!
8. How do I categorize my expenses in Concur?
When entering SKO expenses (airfare, ground transportation, meals at leisure) into the Concur system, please select "Sales Kickoff" in the "Internal Events/Programs" dropdown. Please see the screen shot below for more details.
Expenses for SKO
Please note that the Alteryx Travel & Entertainment Expenses Policy should be adhered to for travel to SKO. It is everyone's responsibility to manage expenses on behalf of Alteryx and proper discretion should be used. Any expenses outside of the standard policy will be rejected. Specifically related to SKO, meals are not reimbursable when a SKO meal is available; bar tabs for groups will not be approved; rental cars should not be used (see one exception below) and entertainment expenses will not be reimbursable. See below for some expense policy details related to SKO:
- Receipts are needed for expenses of $15 or more
- Senior associates should pay for group expenses
- Expense reports must be submitted within 30 days of SKO
- Tips: 17% at restaurants; $1 per bag porterage
- Meals are only reimbursable when not provided at the hotel. If a meal is provided as part of SKO, an expense for the same meal is not reimbursable. For example, a meal purchased for dinner on the same day as the awards dinner is not reimbursable.
- Alcoholic beverages consumed as part of a meal should be limited to no more than two (2).
- Maximum allowable reimbursement for meals for breakfast is $15, lunch is $20, and dinner is $50.
- Entertainment expenses are not reimbursable (night clubs, theater, sporting events, etc.)
- In the event an associate chooses to consume alcoholic beverages in connection with a business function, Alteryx expects that associates will act responsibly and avoid excess.
- If an associate has any concerns that he/she is not capable of safely driving after such events, Alteryx will reimburse the cost of alternative transportation to ensure that the associate does not place themselves or others in danger.
- Rental cars should not be used for SKO - UberX is far more affordable and saves on parking charges
- The only exception for a rental car is if a group (3 or more) is flying into/out of LAX and sharing a rental car
- Parking for SKO is reimbursable
- UberX, Lyft, and Taxis should be used for local transportation, including transportation to and from the airport
Hotel - Non-reimbursable Expenses:
- TV/DVD movie rentals in rooms
- Sundry travel items
- Hotel gym fees
- Massage services
- Spa facility fees
- Laundry/dry cleaning expenses for trip less than 5 days in duration